- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts with cut into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder, add more accordingly for extra heat
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14 ounces (400 grams) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces (400 grams) unsweetened coconut milk
- Fresh coriander with medium chopped
- To a large pan add garam masala over low heat and toast in a dry pan. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons cooking oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown. Remove from the pan and keep it aside.
- To the same pan over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, tomato paste, stir. Add diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt pepper and coconut milk. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove lid and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped coriander.